Monday, September 30, 2013

Top ten things I would tell Truman Capote were I his AA sponsor

Not that I know anything at all about the fellowship to which Stephen King so artfully avoids admitting membership:

10. "Andy didn't mean it, really."

9. "Everyone's mother is a drag, man."

8. "Well, see, no one really likes a gossip."

7. "Why would Jack want to change?"

6.  "I do not need to hear one more syllable about Lee Radziwill."

5. "No, Dr. Bob was not that 'hot.'"

4. "Forgiving Gore - remind me for what again, by the way? - doesn't mean loving Gore."

3. "That was not your story to tell is why they're pissed [sic]."

2. "No, call Babe now, or you'll regret it later."

1. [tie] "Tell them the book doesn't exist or live with the consequences"/"Stop with the colons all the time!"

No comments: