Thursday, July 17, 2014

This is annoying

Me, soon
I've worked at the same place for nearly twenty years, then in April they announce that our department nationwide is being farmed out to contractors, so I did my due diligence and got a job with our local parks system as the assistant community gardening educator.  That was on a Friday.  That Sunday night they wrote to say they couldn't hire me as I have six (6) points on my license.  Truck accident on black ice (2), speeding (2) [and I'll cop to this, I'm obviously a threat to society] and, my favorite: 2 points for a "No Turn on Red" one night in a speed-trap style thing at 10 at night in effing Fairborn [if you are reading this and are not from the area, just imagine a place called Fairborn and what it would be like near you].  Also, I really only have 4 points, according to the State of Ohio, and, in August, it will be just two.  But the HR people go off the insurance abstract that the BMV provides which says six.  I had no idea I had any points at all - sober ten years, who gives a rat's about points?  So - dream job of gardening education and such falls through, no matter what (although the pay was not that great to start, I must admit).

I am here for another two weeks and those look pretty dire.  I am, of course, paralyzed as to what to do next.  I am sure something will come, and I managed to talk my way into a six-month's severance here, so that is a cushion.

I've lost about 10 pounds, so maybe it's FINALLY time for male modeling.

1 comment:

M Big Mistake said...

Finally time for your big break in the music biz cause, ya know, that's where all the money is these days. Um. Er. Never mind.

Anyway, sorry things are uncertain. Garden gig sounded sweet.