Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Levis

Does anyone else remember this?:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15XXtaQF8S0

I suppose this is the type of thing for which youtube is useful, because for years I remembered this series of commercials and thought I had maybe made it up. But the seventies me was neither clever nor high enough.

What a stony seventies concept, the rotoscoping on this.

I also [seem to] recall another in the series, where it's some sort of sparking orange-on-black reverse, and the folksy Levis spokesfigure is in a mine, mining for Levis. You can just picture some blazed-out seventies ad folk listening to Workingman's Dead and sipping chamomile tea and thinking this stuff up.

1 comment:

Dex said...

I *DO* remember this one, and had not seen it since. And I have done the youtube procrastinate special of watching these old commercials.