Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Best/worst review in human history

Since I made it safely though The Dog Stars, liking it the entire time, I thought I should check the one-star reviews on Amazon just to see if the haters had any valid points.  Found THIS:

A deckle edge, yesterday
If you pay top dollar for jeans with holes this is the book for you when I finally got it in the mail the pages looked like a dog chewed on them so I sent it back to amazon today I got my new copy it was the same way I checked with amazon and they say and I quote "The uneven, jagged or rough cut edges on this book are a decorative feature called "deckle edge" or "rough cut." This is an intentional feature of the book." I take great pride in my books so I don't know what would possess someone to do this intentionally I was looking forward to reading this story after a great revue on my local npr station but if I pay 14 bucks for a new book I expect it to be in good condition I'm returning it and spending my money els ware

No comments: