Wednesday, February 27, 2013

I've tried

Sometimes I think, when worrying about my oncoming senility, well, I should just learn to play chess - chess problems would use parts of my desiccated brainpan that are already nigh incapacitated.  Just now, I thought, well, I love to play guitar and am obviously one of the greatest songwriters of the last 5000 years - maybe I should take a lesson or three, learn some scales and be able to play my own leads instead of hum-whistling them to the nearest capable player.  THAT got me talking with a friend about how I will never, ever know anything about actual music equipment.  I should, yes.  I should get excited about, I dunno, Orange stacks and the fact that someone got a "new" "Bigsby" for their "E-335."  But I can't, I just can't.  My eyes glaze over, I go all slack-jawed and despondent, logy and sluggish.  Still, being willing to think about pretending to learn to care about more tech-y music stuff - this has to be some kind of progress, right?

No comments: