Friday, March 28, 2014

Nick Eddy's Film Forumz Friday

1. just saw a story on Gawker where firemen kept a kid from panicking in a stuck elevator by singing "Let It Go" from Frozen at him/her.  How do all these fireman know this song?  Their kids?  Did anyone even see Frozen?  What IS GOING ON?

2. People say to me constantly "Nick Eddy - what is your day job like?, and I'm ashamed that I'm not doing more so you don't have to work at all!"  Well, thanks - I appreciate the sentiment!  As for my job, it's like this: the Bride and I have a commitment to go see The Grand Budapest Hotel tomorrow.  But if I say I'm going to a movie, I can't say which one here - because no one will know what I'm talking about.  I also can't say that I haven't really cared about old Wes's films since about 3/4ths of the way through The Life Aquatic, because my words would just float away, not comprehended, across limitless expanses of space/time.

If I were to say what I'm going to see, "they" would say, "Oh, is that the new Schwarzegger movie?  My husband wants to see that!" or perhaps "you should see Frozen!"

No comments: