Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Incredible Complexity Expressed With Nimbleness, or: The Joe Hague Story


This was available on the Homage site, we all chortled.

Then someone said: check this one out:

                                             

I said: "Oh, fuck, that rules," but my coevals didn't remember that this was JB's 1970's Cincinnati restaurant.  I duly explained, mentioning that they were early adapters to something called a "salad bar," which was a big selling point.

I went on to say that my childhood neighbor and I went so far as to make a menu for a place called Joe Hague's Rained Out, when I was about eight.  The only menu item I remember being on it was "cheap muscatel in a milk carton."

And there you have the Joe Hague Story.

                                     

No comments: