Friday, March 26, 2010

"It's so lonely on a limb..."

Been reading Simon Goddard's Mozipedia. For about two weeks, off and on. Five hundred pages of Morrissey factoids! Every song dissected...all the crappy UK movies he loved, etc.

Now, I would guess that I may sometimes come off as a twit who is insanely devoted to my obsessions, and that I likely go from dusk to dawn listening only to arcane 80's "classics." Not so! And I would guess, with the advent of the internet (have you heard about this?), I listen to more and more varied music than I ever had! I'm a well-informed sexagenarian! That Lester Bangs thing, about how his greatest dream was to have a house with catacombs underneath, containing every record ever released? It's called the internet!

Like Mr Baker in U & I, I would guess that the works Messrs Morrissey and Marr far fairly low on my list of obsessions. Wait - here is a list (to the chagrin of the Bride, who's already had her eyes glaze over and gone back to that Garance chick or Wonkette):


1. garlic/hot sauce

2. Pet Shop Boys/Smiths/New Order

3. Lester Bangs

4. cats (probably number one, really)

5. Franny and Zooey/fussy italicization

6. Nabokov

7. Bruce Weber

8. counting loose change

9. U & I

10. green zebra tomatoes


So, yeah, Smiths are, like, in a three-way tie for #2!


ANYway, this is a long way of saying that I have been sort of obsessively listening to The Queen is Dead.


Do I need this?:


No comments: