Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Good hell! A few things that were missed



A couple few things I would have commented on had I been here:






1. What's up with Madonna's weird facial prolapse, so that she doesn't look like herself? Not that she looks like an old Madonna, just not really like her at all! Maybe the eyes are the same. Anyway, weird.



2. Basque separatist group ETA renounces violence. Maybe this will at last lead to peace in my troubled homeland.

3. I somehow lost ten pounds while I was off. Maybe just by staying awake more than six hours a day?

4. Chris Martin 'n' the Coldplays on the Today show. Turquiose tee shirt, jumping around in a "glad to be alive" style - yes, they have it all.


5. Blake Lively's constant "trailing off at the end into mumble" line delivery technique.

6. The cats like the baby! Or are sufficiently indifferent to it. Seriously a shocker, given their respective personalities - "Boorish asshole" (Picci) and "needy neurotic" (Margot) - which I would have guessed would have led to a ceremonial culling by now!

7. There is a non-cable BET knockoff channel called Bounce which shows wildly out-of-sequence Soul Train episodes every afternoon and this led to me hearing or maybe noticing "Ain't No Woman (Like the One I Got)" by the Four Tops for the first time.

8. Ripley Underground is the best Ripley book.

No comments: