Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Ponce de Leon, come to Bonner Street

Okay, like most of our fellow gardeners 'round these parts, around the start of August, all the tomato plants started getting brown leaves and outright dying:















Then, a few weeks ago, shit bounced back! It's mid-October and we have all sorts of new growth and a boatload of green zebras hanging off the plants [thought I had a photo of new fruit but do not - you'll have to trust me on this, and after all we've been through, I would hope that you can]! Wha?/Huh?


































Also insane is the fact that the above Japanese magnolia (Oyama), which was dead - I mean, like, I was ready to pull it up dead - is suddenly all green and now loves its spot. Weird. I had asked Plant Expert Neighbor Guy Mark what to do with it a while back and he said "Oh, it will come back, probably...just the shock at being planted...," etc, and while I didn't want to doubt P.E.N.G. Mark, this is like a "someone call the Vatican!" miracle.

What we need to find out, then, is why our backyard has suddenly become some sort of Font of Regeneration and how to we make some scratch from it!

No comments: