Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Wow, I understand now




When I was in college and we would sit around watching the Cubs on WGN and my from-Chicago-suburbs roommate would badmouth Mark Grace for his innate Mark Grace-ness, I would chuckle and goad him further, because it was funny to me that someone would be so upset at just the sight of a sportsman of any stripe.

Not so funny now, as I have watched more football the last two seasons (well, all of last season and first weeks of this one) than I likely had in my entire life previous to that. So, I am entitled to an opinion and my opinion is that Tony Romo is an asshole.





What I really can't take is the relentless blowjobbery applied by commentators (exceeding, even, the traditional "America's quaterback" fawning that all Dallas QB's enjoy), such as the other week when all the Cowboys' scores were field goals and yet the JoeBuckCollinsworth commentators (I forget who it was, but they all seem to do it, except Al Michaels [bless him]) were all "Tony Romo has controlled this game..."

BULLSHIT!



Okay, I feel better.

No comments: