Tuesday, November 26, 2013

A lesson in openmindedness

Bought a pair of Levi 501's at Marshalls or TJ Maxx one day many months back while the Bride was trying shit on...the right size, like twenty bucks.  Got home, touched them and was dismayed - oh, noes, 2% stretchy shit!  Ick!  That can't be right.  So I just tossed them in the back of the pile o' pants, hopefully never to be found again.  Then last week I was folding/sorting/disposing of pants and said, oh, screw it, wear them on a Saturday and if you get them messed up doing some he-man outdoor bullshit, big deal.  Well, after a day, I liked them a lot!  Maybe they won't fade right as time goes on...but in the midst of life we are in death and I am likely to be struck down in the thick of things long before the stretch leaves these dungarees.  What was I saying?  Oh, I need to give shit a chance.

No comments: