Monday, November 24, 2014

An encounter with the young

Wherever it may be that I have a new job, at said place we have four interns from a local university.  The topic of that crazy girl who wants to marry Charles Manson came up and it became apparent to old people that the young people didn't know who Charles Manson even was.  I suppose people my age wouldn't know who kidnapped the Lindbergh baby ("the what?"), but still.  I had to explain about Gary Hinman's car and shit, then a couple of days later to some guy who liked "folk" about why what he liked was poo and about the Clientele.  Is my work ever done?

1 comment:

M Big Mistake said...

Had to explain to someone this weekend about Richard Pryor setting himself on fire freebasing (which seems like it happened YESTERDAY, but no, 1980) all the while wondering if they had any idea who Richard Pryor even WAS but was too afraid to ask. They probably didn't know what freebasing was either.