Friday, November 13, 2009

Nearly FIFTY years ago


I love the Beatles. Who doesn't (actually, people who dislike the Beatles are unfailingly assholes, in my experience. "Tom Waits, maaaan..."...that sort)? In fact, I am probably downloading a Beatles album right now.

BUT - and this is hard - in 2014 it will FIFTY years since the adorb Moptops arrived on these sordid shores. Fifty. That's half a century. BTW.

Maybe it's time to give the Beatles a rest.

Maybe this blog can act as an indemnifying (that's not the word I want, I want something like "bolstering" but it's 6:29 am est and I have a headache) influence and start a societal tsunami to have some other body of work be canonized for a while. Maybe Bowie records? Yes, Bowie records from Hunky Dory to Scary Monsters.

Help start this profound societal shift TO-DAY!

No comments: