Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Play along at home:

While we paint the new house this weekend, here are the mix cd's I burnt for starters:

House 1


PSB - "Viva La Vida/Domino Dancing"

Best Coast - "When I'm With You"

Bowie - "The Prettiest Star" (1969 version with Bolan, which I had no idea existed til last week!)

Beta Band - "Squares"

Cardigans - "For What It's Worth"

The Cribs - "Cheat on Me"

Brendan Benson - "Garbage Day"

Little Joy - "No One's Better Sake"

Men - "Big F-cker"

The Tears - "Refugees"

The Virgins - "She's Expensive"

The Who - "Christmas"

Jellyfish - "Baby's Coming Back"

Scissor Sisters - "Might Tell You Tonight"

Blur - "Sing"

Belle and Sebastian - "Funny Little Frog"

Ambulance Ltd. - "Anecdote"

Morrissey - "Yes, I Am Blind"

Matthew Sweet - "Sick of Myself"

Jesus and Mary Chain - "Taste of Cindy"

New Order - "True Faith"


House 2


Ash - "Girl from Mars"

Bowie - "All the Young Dudes"

Diamond Rings - "All Yr Songs"

Doves - "Black and White Songs"

Fiona Apple - "Criminal"

Veruca Salt - "Seether"

Beatles - "I'm Only Sleeping"

The Big Pink - "Dominoes"

GBV - "Color of My Blade"

Oasis - "Whatever"

["wildcattin'" bugout from Tenenbaums]

Nirvana - "Laundry Room"

Pet Shop Boys - "Flamboyant"

Pixies - "Debaser"

Prince and the Revolution - "Beautiful Ones"

Pulp - "This is Hardcore"

Tom Tom Club - "Genius of Love"

U2 - "Christmas (Baby, Please Come Home)"

Weezer - "Getchoo"

White Stripes - "My Doorbell"

XTC - "Earn Enough for Us"




So, yeah, make these for yourself and it will be like The Matrix (I suppose, I never saw it).

No comments: