Thursday, November 5, 2009

SO not fair

I famously (?) don't drink anymore. Without regret! But early on, I thought, well, what if "they" were to come out with some product that sounded SO amazingly, soul-quenchingly me and I would then have to miss it? Drat! Well, the probably-awful beers-with-lime-already-in thing has arrived and I lived.



But then I was reading the other day about a bar in London called (wait for it) Garlic and Shots. Where the specialty is a garlicky Bloody Mary. Quel anguish. The bar is also a rock club, so just imagine sitting there in the afternoon with the wistful autumn light and the Suicide Girl-with-lousy-teeth bartendrix playing a Damned LP over the pub stereo while she dries pint glasses. !!!



Of course, I would have a "few" and charmingly fall out of one of those black taxis. And lose my wallet in some slag's knickers or summat. But still - not fair, UK!

1 comment:

Mary said...

I'm SURE they'd make you a virgin Garlic Bloody Mary, hm? ;)

I'll be over the pond in May or June. Maybe I'll bring one back fer ye!