Monday, July 18, 2011

"Nick Eddy, what is D_____ REALLY like?" [long version]

I had a work volunteer thing on Friday where we rode down a stretch of the Great Miami River picking up trash, generally making things more presentable. Weather was perfect: low humidity and, by when we were done (noonish), it was still in the 70's. Lovely!



I didn't take my phone along, lest it drown. I scarcely got wet, but had I brought the phone, I would have been knocked out of the canoe by a swooping great blue heron or some such.



Anyway, when we got to the end of our section of the river (other companies/groups laid claim to other stretches to clean; I think the whole thing is about 100 miles or so), we disembarked by the Helena St bridge, under which was a graffito that changed everything. So I went back with my phone and captured this, piecemeal (could not get far enough out from "shore" to do otherwise.





So, just scroll down from top and imagine in 18" letters along an expanse of under-bridge wall:






























































No comments: