Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Sedaris and me

Good hell! Our friend Chris forwards a pic of bystanding me from his stash of photos on his lovely site (chrisglass.com - be sure you have time, you will get lost in all his amazing and lovely photos, links, general e-phemera, etc)...and yes, I did indeed see Mr Sedaris back in 2007.


I was using a Polaroid of my dad's cat DC for a bookmark at the time...Mr Sedaris kindly signed this "David Sedaris loves DC."



Two things: I actually look worse here than I do now, I think, so that's heartening. Also, the sweater here: every time I saw a certain local philanthropist guy around town, I happened to be wearing this. In a restaurant, at the market, getting an oil change, it mattered not. So he must have thought, of the Bride: "The poor dear! She's saddled with that indigent, one-sweater-having ruffian!"

1 comment:

LC said...

I know the guy in front of you in the picture! (no, not David Sedaris, the other guy)