Tuesday, November 1, 2011

STILL annoyed (the Psonic Psunspot story)



When I started college, I tested out of freshman English (obviously!) AND won tickets to see the Replacements, all in the same day! So things were going great from the start, right up to when I commenced to try drinking myself to death as quickly as possible!

At that Replacements show, I ran into a local D_____ rock quasi-celeb (but not a real celebrity now or anyone you would have heard of - just someone I had known since I was a kid) and said "Hey - whatja think of that Dukes of Stratosphear record?"

This guy haughtily said "I've had that for years." Thinking, of course, that I meant 1985's ep 25 O'Clock, not the then spanking-new Psonic Sunspot.

I said, no, no, there's a whole new album, etc. But this guy's smug condescending attitude reminded me to always know shit, or at least 90% of shit.

Plus, my Jolt Cola ballcap got knocked off my head and I found it, trampled, after the show.


Treatment bound!

No comments: