Friday, March 1, 2013

America rules!

Well, I had this jean jacket in 1990 and wore it around until it was swiped from my unlocked car in 1994, although, in all honestly, I may have left it somewhere when drunk.  Pretty sure about the theft, though*.  Anyway.  A then-bandmate's mom said to me when I was wearing it: "You, of all people, wearing an American flag!"  I still don't know what she meant: was I someone who went around pissing on Amurrican values constantly by being drunk and sexing all over the place, or was it that I was such the Anglophile that I should have been wearing a Quadrophenia parka?  I will never know, so I should just relax.  But it's so very hard sometimes.


* fret not, got this back a few years ago on ebay (even the old 1990 Made in USA [take that!] version).  Have worn it maybe for a half-hour, but I have it.  Now I just need to find the Greek mythology book from my 2nd grade classroom and I will have EVERYTHING

No comments: