Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Kate Upton wept, as did the ghost of George Jones

Flipping through the channels last night, I saw about 90 seconds of old Blake Shelton singing his new CountrySuperJam "Boys 'Round Here" which contained this deathless lyric:

Well, the boys round here, they're keeping it country
ain't a damn one know how to the Dougie
(you don't know how to Dougie?), no, not in Kentucky

It also dissed the Beatles (timely!) in favor of Bocephus (ahem).

All this is a long way of saying that were I on The Voice, I'd want to do "Good Kush and Alcohol."  OH!, which reminds me: I have yet to find my summer jam on the old 102.9.  Two years ago (was it really? it seems like a dream) there were "Win Win Win" and "Can I Hit It In the Morning?" and last year was the unstoppable "Snapbacks and Tattoos."  SIGH.

No comments: