Friday, June 21, 2013

Proustian eggrolls

Some egg rolls, quite recently.
In the summer of 1991, most of my best friends had graduated college and I stayed around town drinking myself to near death and subsisting, basically.  Nursing another broken heart, being a dick. At lunch and dinner I would consistently have two-three egg rolls and a can of Country Time lemonade.  Also I won 50 dollars on a scratch-off and took all my buddies "uptown" to watch the Bulls in the finals and get drzunk (in the post Gulf War I delirium, beer was going for a nickel for a quart of Anheuser-Busch products, I "seem" to remember), but I digress.

I went out at lunch to run errands and opted for the buffet at the Chinese place where I normally get my to-go black bean shrimp.

The egg rolls, though smaller, tasted exactly like the Summer 1991 Eggrolls!

Time rolled backwards, but I did not hear any Jesus Jones walking across the parking lot to my truck or anything like that, to be clear.

No comments: