Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Night 8 - The Egg Hunt Story

Christmas '86, Mike bought all the girls we knew (and Kyle) Egg Hunt shirts, direct from Dischord (not sure how much several shirts would have cost, post paid).  Egg Hunt, as we know, was a one-off single that was done between Minor Threat and Fugazi.  But all the Punk Chicks we knew were into calling cuties/hotties "eggs," as in "Oh, god, he's such an egg."

Anyway, it stuck in my craw for 27 years that I was not presented with one of the shirts. Resentment is the number one offender!  Handily, Jeff Nelson (who drummed on it!) is printing up all sorts of vintage merch, of which I availed myself for these:


Everyone was, of course, delighted, and I now have another novelty tee shirt that it will never occur to me to wear.

OH!, and human interest: look at the nice message Old Jeff Nelson sent along:


How nice!

No comments: