Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lynn Show: Christmas!


My friend Kyle's mom has a rep as quite the character - yelling "WE SIT ALL THE WAY DOWN!" at guests, eg. So I did not want to miss a chance to see this force of nature picking out a Christmas tree!

The last time I had seen her, previous to Saturday, was in March or so of 1987, when I was at Kyle's house with my spanking-new 45 of "Shoplifters of the World Unite" from Renaissance Music Media. I seem to remember, when the needle found its way to Mr. Marr's "stacked guitar break," Lynn sneering "Hmmf. Sounds like Triumph" and wandering out of the room. I seem to.

Off we went to Young's Tree Farm ("get over about a couple of lanes!"). I didn't remember ever going to cut down a tree at the time, but then remembered that in 1990 I went with girlfriend Amy (not the Bride, she would have been ten) to their trad family tree chopdown field in the wilds around Kansas City. No, I did not see Len Dawson.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey. I remember that. And although you insisted to be on the edge so we could cut you off, you're still in the album. We did use that picture rule there on out but not everyone was that lucky. ;) Merry Christmas. A