Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The figures are UNASSAILABLE

Superbowl Sunday, I was going to make the crab sandwiches I'd promised our SuperbowlSuperhosts (tm), then I thought I'd double the amount so I bought an extra tub o' crabmeat to augment the one I'd already bought at the grocery. But when I got home I was cruelly apprised of the truth: while I had paid for the previous tub o' crab meat, it was not packed in my groceries or was perhaps left on the end of the grocery packing station by some supermarket bagging kid (also left behind was a thing of vanilla yogurt).



Before you get all haughty and cast "first world problem!" aspersions, let's consider some figures.



The US national debt: 15 trillion dollars.



Money lost, by me, in just the last fiscal five years, to stuff left behind at grocery: 41 trillion dollars.



Also; the groceries put these items back out and sell them again? RACKET!

No comments: