Friday, January 18, 2013

The Oracle Post

Okay, so I watch a lot of football.  Sue me.  That doesn't mean that I like jocks and ex-jocks, even on the furthest periphery of my fey existence.  When I was playing a rawk show when I was 17, I remember being all bent out of shape because a guitarist from another band was asking attendees outside the venue whether the Reds had won that night.  Argh!  Now I don't care that much.  BUT!  Wandering the halls of Ye Olde Employer the other day I saw something that still makes me seethe to this minute.  Some dude had a little Nerf-style basketball hoop up on his wall, with an Oracle logo on it.  Which was wrong on a few million levels, one being that this would be a promo item that a company would give out at trade shows: "hey, guys love shootin'  [sic] hoops while troubleshooting systems issues!"  And also that someone would then actually put it up, you know, to loosen up the ideating.  Oh, forget it, I'm too annoyed to make sense.

No comments: