Friday, August 23, 2013

Boxwood post

Some boxwood (buxes sempervirens), as referenced
on Nick Eddy Relents recently
I'm getting older and recently, like within the last 10 days, passed 7,000 blog posts, so excuse a weeping old man if he sometimes repeats themes and topics; but at the post office at lunch I walked by some of those scrubby piney bushes that I think are boxwood.  Boxwood associations include the fact that it smelled exactly like the perimeter of the public pool I frequented as a kid.  But exactly.  This pool was later referenced in one of our songs from 1998 or so, wherein I said "they may have knocked my favorite swimming pool down."  This drives the Bride crazy because "they don't knock swimming pools down...they fill them in!"  Ah, but what of the slides and the bathhouse and the concession stand?  Eh?  EH?  Also, there is that Cheever thing about the "boxwood makes the [noun forgotten and too lazy to look up though the book this is in is within arm's reach] smell like a cat's lair."  So there's that.

No comments: