Tuesday, August 27, 2013

The "Under the Cherry Moon" story

Chooch said he was going to listen to Parade, which is a great idea, and I would join him, but I'm sitting here deleting stuff (Palma Violets = meh, eg) and am also weighing my options on whether I need to cut my Ark best-of down, getting rid of the fat and leaving 11 or 12 hits only.  So, as you can see, I'm really busy.

BUT! I just realized that I had never mentioned here the time that Ray, Shappy and I went to see Under the Cherry Moon during the Great 1986 Miamisburg Train Derailment.  A train carrying white phosphorus derailed, fell into water and there was a chemical reaction!  Schools closed!  Or maybe they hadn't started yet.  Regardless, the citizenry were all told to stay indoors.  But we bravely piled in to Ray's 1962  Beetle. Ray even wore a gas mask, so we could attract weird looks from other intrepid travelers.

We watched the movie (theatre was empty but for three middle-aged ladies), then went home.

That's the Under the Cherry Moon story.  It's practically a sequel.

No comments: