Wednesday, December 8, 2010

e for Evil


Was left in a luddite panic the night before last about ebooks, of all things. They make me sick. I'm fine with doing away with records, CDs, TV stations, newspapers, clothes, food, conversation with non-morons -- these things are inevitable. But when I hear some excitable book wonk on the radio (good riddance to that soon, too!) all a-bubble about how, in ten years' time, 90% of books will be on Kindles or Nooks or some other godforsaken pieces of shit, I get scared and sieze up. We are rapidly approaching that Orwellian time when all you have that is yours is that two centimeters of your brain, or whatever the quote is.

Combine that with the idea that Amurrican kids come in 27th in everything and it's time to start digging, apparently. I can't do math, either, so I'm not blaming the kids, really.

Guh!

I actually care a lot less about this today than yesterday.

Oh! Sorry: alot. [if you are just passing by]

No comments: