Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Hats, tarps, hearts

We all know how much I love to buy tarps to cover stuff up. Really, what says one is grown up now with more fervor than buying a tarp?

Well, second to that, I like buying hats. Last week it was going to be 3 degrees in the morning and I could not find any of the two-dollar "Jack Nicholson" black skull cap hats that we accumulate. I was apprised later that they were in that bag hanging on the hook in the front closet, which I guess I was to have surmised [ahem]. Anyway, I stopped at Target and got this for five bucks:

















It's pretty good, although a little "Mom's yard sale" in person. Either way, I'm grown up. If I can't find a hat, I just go buy one. Moreover, since I am nearing retirement age, I'm not accountable. No wailing harpy of a parent says "Where's your HAT?"


Then, when cleaning out the Volvo, I also found this creepy-ass artifact of the 70's:


This thing has been worn at some time by all three of les freres Eddy. I'm sure it was hep in 1971, but now it looks like something from Alan Moore's nightmares. Still figuring out what to do with this. Frame it, maybe.

No comments: