Friday, January 14, 2011

Nick's Picks

If I had to name an annoyance more vexing than a twitching eye, it would be winter dry skin...it's cold out and a good night for eggs in hell...interesting that all this news would come from Tunisia as I just read Patricia Highsmith's The Tremor of Forgery this week...why in the world did Apple help James Taylor's career, instead of leading him blindfolded into a vat of molten pig iron?...Probably the most beautiful music in the history of the world (this week) is Astor Piazolla's "Primavera Portena"...I respect them but I worry I don't love DEVO enough...this would be a good weekend to look into someone's eyes and ask plaintively "We were happy then, weren't we?"...that Yes "Leave It" video must have used the entire computer power available in the world in 1983...yes, I will be making the Chez Panisse Vegetables book's radish salad soon...just saw my reflection at lunch and I look about 300 years old...wow, that new Wire album is so good I wish I hadn't already forgotten it entirely...with the Bride currently the president of our neighborhood association, I will suggest that we get an ED-209 unit to prevent crime...Martin Balsam was both the Dan Hedaya of his time AND God...

No comments: