Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The sheer early 1991-ness of the present moment




Ah, 1991! When I should have graduated from college, had I not flunked out multiple times and/or given a shit, even remotely. What a yukky time, culturally! EMF! Extreme "More Than Words." "Silent Lucidity." Shudder, etc.





I was thinking just this morning that this has been a pretty weak year so far, music-wise, and it doesn't look like there's a tremendous onslaught of goodness arriving any time soon. THEN the point was driven home with such savage clarity, when I saw this little post headline over on Pitchfork:






Bon Iver Cover Bonnie Raitt



If that doesn't say it all about the doldroms we are in, I don't know what will.



Do I have it in me to write a new "The Drowners?" And if so, can I do it before Jesus gets back Saturday?

No comments: