Thursday, August 25, 2011

"I've seen the future and it will be..."

The Bride gets a bang out of chiding me for keeping every magazine I've ever touched, but that's just her being bossy and exaggerative, because I really DO pare down every so often. Now that we own a house, I can go out and buy big plastic tubs and just store crap and keep it all out of the way, unobtrusive...


And yet it's actually a wonderful thing for humanity that I have all this crap, because who else has my steel trap memory and general acuity (hint: nobody)? See, a lot of people would have forgotten this insane ad, from 1993:


















Not much to be said, right? Just that in the future (a very Terry Gilliam future, maybe crossed with the same future where FutureClaire dies at the end of Six Feet Under), girls will wear cute knit hats!

Oh, and that I need a job being the page turner at the BigLibrary (tm) where are the books live. Think of all the books.




Her (into 1984-style intercom thingy): "Hi, could you turn the
page for me?"

Me: "..."

Her: "Hello...anyone there?"

Me: "Oh! Sorry! Was lost in
an old magazine..."



This ad is also in the October 1993 Spin magazine with Kurt on the cover. Amazing RRL ads, as well.


No comments: