Thursday, May 31, 2012

Dadaist shenanigans of the kids across the street

The kids across the street adore Rafe, to a girl.  Last night they came over to adulate and they brought with them a bird cage full of rocks:


I chuckled at their seemingly nonsensical gambit.  "I'm on to you guys!" I parried. "This is a takeoff of [Duchamp's] Why Not Sneeze, Rose Selavy?":

Good natured joshing then followed, with Lexi (age 4.5) saying that Tristan Tzara was just as important as Duchamp, Lissa plumping for Hugo Ball  and Leah flatly asserting, to my astonishment, that I was wrong, that Warhol was more important than Duchamp, just for sheer cross-culture breadth of influence!  This made me cross, naturally!

Then a raccoon was noticed up by the attic dormer windows across the street and all was forgiven.



No comments: