Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Shooting fish in a barrel, speaking of fish

Making fun of Matchbox 20 is pointless, if easy.  Does anyone think of them all?  I don't know, and I won't be asking the next crying divorcee I see.  I'll just assume that people do care about them, it's easier than than doing the heavy lifting of why's unt wherefores.

I may have mentioned I subscribed to a mega-cheap offer to get Rolling Stone, so I could access to their online archives, which was worth it, I guess.  I had not read an issue of RS in ten years or more and it's still terrible, only now terrible with Matt Taibbi!  And small. 

The first issue that arrived a bit back had Charlie Sheen on the cover and I found said issue under the bed the other day amid the dust and pacifiers.  I duly flipped through whilst brushing my teeth this morning and ALMOST killed myself when I came read the (mercifully brief) article about M20 making their first album in ten years.  

Here's where I nearly took the gas pipe:

They bonded over their favorite music from the Eighties - soaking up everything form Paul Simon and INXS to Talking Heads. "We watched Stop Making Sense in the studio," Thomas says. "David Byrne is like an alien!"
IS HE, ROB?  Is he, really? 

The idea of these guys joshin' and cuttin' up while decidin' which tracks of fucking Kick are their personal favorites makes me want to blow up the fucking moon.

No comments: