Friday, July 31, 2009

Seven animal items

1. Above left is the Bride's co-worker's new dog Clancy! What a face!

2. Got up to go to the bathroom at 4 am and both cats were sitting on the bathroom rug, like, sitting up. No lying, not standing, just sitting up, fully awake. They were up to no good, obvs.


3. A Friend of the Blog went out on a date with a girl who volunteers at the local pet shelter every Sunday morning washing cats. This is the one noble thing that can be done in the world. I'd like a winter wedding.

4. Two weeks ago, there were two playful months-old tabbies in front of a church where there was a meeting. I suggested to the Bride we take these li'l sibs (brother and sister) but was somewhat sensibly rebuffed as we already have two cats. Then our friend Nick (no relation) said his lady-friend had been wanting two cats...he called her, said things along the lines of "I swear, they're gorgeous!", received assent, scooped them into his truck and was off like that [snaps fingers] with his fuzzy bounty! Rock! I hope Cobweb and Mab (as I named them, instantly) are happy and I'm sure they are!


5. My boss's daughter called the other day to say there were motherless bunnies outside daycare! Boss scooped them up and they are now on the farm with the rooster and my aunt's cat! Learned that bunnies won't drink cow milk, but will drink goat or cat milk! AND they all are born with a little white flame on their foreheads, which goes away as they mature.

6. Met my new nephew Stewart yesterday, a Schnauzer. He also met his uncle, my parent's car (and my brother) DC. There was a bit of a standoff on the cat's end, but otherwise they got along fine.

7. While the Bride was showing the Mercedes to a perspective buyer (yes, still!), a young woman came around the block with a little pup not dissimilar to Clancy [above]. I said "Wow, what's his name?," as I like to know the names of neighborhood animals. She said "Argh - don't know, he was just in the backyard when we got home today!" Some crumb had just dropped him off! I hope they kept him, and I think they should call him Midas.


No comments: