Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Shit yes, Noisettes


I see the name Noisettes around a lot, but it wasn't until I had them confirmed by the August Vogue* that I sought them out and commenced losing it entirely. Another example of why the UK still retains pole position as The Coolest Place on Earth, while America continues to like Nickleback or whatever.


I mean, c'mon:




Plus the lovely Shingai (she of the viking ship hairdo in the vid) is the bass player!


The whole new album sounds like something from the Holy Year 1982, only modern production, etc. Actual songs, etc. And it's one of those records that gets better as it goes, instead of the sinking feeling one gets as a group runs out of songs. Seriously, this is the best surprise female-fronted act since Thao and the Get Down Stay Down. Says me!



* also Christy Turlington sister is married to Ed Burns's brother! Thanks, A Dubs!

No comments: