Friday, May 21, 2010

May music



Olympian by Gene [np, in fact!] always makes me think of this time of year - wet May. Which is fitting, because the record is damp with mushy sentimentality and heavy-handed low-rent Moz-isms like "I was having the time of my life/so why did you have to die?" YES!









Also, The Greatest Living Englishman by Martin Newell. Just recently got a copy the best of his old band Cleaners from Venus, which is surprisingly great, given the fact that Andy Partridge was not involved. If you have any idea what I'm talking about, you have too much time on your hands and should go outside.

Still, I need to put out a best of me called The Greatest Living D_____ian. Yes.

1 comment:

BarbEd said...

Nick,
You should review Chris McGregor and The Brotherhood of Breathe and let the world really know whats going on in the world of music.
RAD