Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Caper!

So, I dunno, two years ago or so, Gabe handed over his Carmen Ghia to some fellows to have work done on it. Paint, etc. You know, work. Gave them some big moolah, as well.

Well, it's been two years and is the car back? No.
We then assembled a team to go investigate. It involved a sojourn into deepest Northridge!

The team we assembled was this:


GABE: ringleader, plaintiff, food expert



JACOB: car knowledge guru



KYLE: enforcer
(at 5' 6", this was our enforcer)



NICK: trip historian and general dogsbody


On inspection at garage, there was no one around...a look through the front glass business door showed a couple microwave ovens stacked up (or maybe a microwave and toaster oven) and a bridge painted black with red 50's flames shooting up it.


Here is the car (at left -- sorry, picture taken through dusty somehow 90's-ish window):


Anyway, while most of summer was spent gently tending crops, I now find myself embroiled in a caper! I may end up with my eyes yanked from my head, by one or the other of two angry rockabilly-dressing brothers. Oh, I suppose I could say 'Oh, but fellows! Flat Duo Jets!" to try to fend them off...but, no, I will likely be found wandering, eyeless, at Wyoming and Wayne.
I will try to maintain contact as long as I possibly can!

1 comment:

Mary said...

AND?!?! Don't keep me in such suspense, mon! What IS the outcome?!?