Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Smells sweet


I thought maybe the Volvo would have to be taken out and put down like a racehorse today but it appears not to be so. Yesterday was new starter (it was all goofy while I was gone the weekend, "smoking," etc) which it needed, but then there was still sweet smelling steam/smoke wafting out from under the hood and in through the gear shift handle slot...smelled like the fake smoke from a fog machine at a rock show. Ah, you say, that's antifreeze cooking! Right-o! Burst hose...now fixed and Craig/Goldie the Volvo lives to wheel around another fifteen years!

This all serves to remind me -- we all know I don't approve of the Big Pony Ralph stuff, right? I mean, that's all fine for the Young People and their wacky rave ways, but grouse grouse grouse (repeat to fade). So I dutifully smelled the fragrances last week at Sephora and I didn't like them (they were super top-notey for the most part, like something Hilfiger-y), except number 3, which smelled like a mixture of Z14 and that smell that blows out of Abercrombie and Fitch.
So, even though I hate them, I will likely end up with small bottles from a gift set when I see them on sale, because I am an asshole.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you are.

Nick said...

That's some clever shit.

Anonymous said...

abercrombie and fitch employees are required to squirt that smell every fifteen minutes. it's true. on clothes. in the air.