Thursday, October 7, 2010

Don Money


As one does, I woke up this morning thinking of 70's Brewers stalwart Don Money and wondered where he could possibly be!

Turns out he's manager of Brewers farm team the Nashville Sounds, which means I could have supped with him last month in Nashville, had I known! He also makes wise comments about how it's interesting to be a minor league manager, because, while you want to win, you have to admit you are show-ponying the players to the bigs, so a team can get up a big head of steam, teamwise, then deflate as your minor-league stars are swept up to the bigtime [no time to check the crapness of this run-on sentence].

Plus, writing this gave me an idea to start calling my dad Don Money, as a sort of hip-hop sobriquet. Will do this after work!
Or, as I should have done earlier, when I received a call (it was 11:30 am) asking me what time it was.
"Half past eleven, Don Money."

No comments: