Tuesday, October 19, 2010

GBV! GBV! etc


So, yes, we went to the Guided by Voices show Friday night. I played an infinitesimally small part in helping it all happen, so duty indeed called. It was very good! At least, many times better than it had any right to be. It was interesting taking my wife along who had never seen the band in any permutation but most definitely not in the "classic" lineup. I think my first show seeing them was in May of 1994, barring any shows in 1987 where I saw them and didn't care. It was also fun to stand with her, as most of the audience had probably never seen a woman before.
I was rendered deaf in one ear for about 72 hours, and I really thought, in the face of the incessant ringing, that this might be the Big One. Not so much the guitars as a couple piercing bursts of feedback that caused me to see and hear stars.

I have zero gripes, really!

No comments: