Friday, June 22, 2012

Two (2) things I forgot to tell you!!!

1. Yesterday, the Bride came home and said she had had to put air in the tire of the Subaru, that it was low.  Huh.  Well, then this morning my truck tire was flat.  Hmm.  I promptly used my emergency compressor doodad, it filled up fine and has stayed that way.  But the question is: did we somehow incur the wrath of some neighborhood scoundrel, or maybe the slowish/stoned teens down the way who like to sit out on summer nights blasting what seem to be hookless 1990-era "bass tapes" and calling each other motherfucker?

Maybe Picci did something to piss them off.

2.  Had a dream last night (and pardon the innate Nicholson Bakerness) that I was at a hospital seeing someone and here comes John Updike down the hall, who, in the dream, was a family friend: asked after my parents' health, shook his head sadly in his tweed jacket when I said they weren't too swift, then continued to kibbitz with me for some dream-minutes, at which point the scene shifted and I was at a friend's suburban house that had mystically moved so that the backyard terminated at the edge of a deep blue lake.

Actually, you'd think he would have asked me how things were at Bazaar.

No comments: