Wednesday, September 22, 2010

The Droid I was looking for...a MAN'S PHONE


I just inherited the Bride's Droid, as she has moved up to a Samsung Fascinate. The best thing about it is that Google Sky Map thing that one sees in the iPad commercial...it's free AND when you point it down at the ground it shows you what stars are visible at that point on the other side of the earth. Yes!


Also, at the phone store on Sunday, some rat-tail behaired GritterDad was stomping around saying to his wife and kids "No, no, I need a MAN'S PHONE!" I understand this, as my last phone was a dinky little thing that would elicit comments from stooges along the lines of "Does that phone come in Mens?" or "Did you get that at my mom's yard sale?" But this guy seemed to have a skosh too much identity tied up in his phone. I mean, Christ, it's a phone. I was tempted to get some Gorilla Glue and affix a $59 flip phone to a hammer and say "Here ya go, asshole!"


Did not because we were late to meet friends to watch NFL pool action which I ended up losing, anyway (see below).

1 comment:

Mary said...

Sky Map RULES! As does Beatles Trivia, which is also free.