Thursday, September 30, 2010

Some lines I imagine from Whit Stillman's new movie


According to New York (where I also go this pic), Greta here (last name escapes me) is in the new, getting-ready-to-be-shot Whit Stillman movie Damsels In Distress. Like, yay!

Maybe when this comes out Duke and I can repeat our day of seeing a movie, buying shirts then eating Chinese.

Anyway, the movie is set at a college ("Seven Oaks" or some such) and its suicide-prevention center.


Here are lines I imagine will be in it:


"Callowness has no place here."



"No, that was Lyle Waggoner."


"I do so love sweater weather."


"I was on a cereal diet."



token boy: "Just the sight of her ankle made me weak..."



Girl 1: "Well, then we seem to be on the right plath."
Girls 2 & 3: [double take]


1 comment:

john marzan said...

god, i hope Stillman's Damsel in Distress' young people doesnt talk like characters from Metropolitan.

Cuz that was the flaw in Last Days of Disco, and Whit had to leave the country and stay out of movie making for a while because of that embarassment.