Thursday, September 8, 2011

Same picture twice (the first part)



A group mea culpa to both readers and people in my non-blog life: I fell prey to the idea that Gossip Girl was the best thing in human history, just as one does with all ridiculous new enthusiasms. I would have been willing to keep on with this line of reasoning, had I not ventured gamely, head held high, into Season 3.

When The Kids all participated in the 90210-lite grossness that was was Dan's little Snow White playlet (with hip-hop affectations, Hilary Duff and Dan in a fedora), it was indeed time to admit something had gone horribly, horribly, horribly wrong somewhere. Horribly.

We were indeed a long way from the reassuring faux-Austenisms of the early days.

How am I coping? As well as can be expected, I suppose: being extra-courteous to and conscientious of my with-child wife, as though some near to us had died. Trying to work, albeit more listlessly than ever. Remembering the good times, knowing they were not for naught.

We will get through this.

[also, and I knew this was lurking in the back of my mind somewhere, from pre-GG fandom knowledge, that old Ed Westwick is a GBV fan, so that puts me at a remove of just one degree from full best-friendship with C Bass himself! Pretty much. Maybe I can someday yap with him about a.) playing me in the bio-pic based on my autobiography God Is Saturday Night: From Good Sportswear to Better Sportswear, Constantly, Constantly, that is if CGI allows his head to be blown up to twice its size and b.) how I think he and Nicki Minaj should start some sort of amazingly perfect family that will save us all...
Ed at Bob fake-record store art show last summer via VF, for crissakes:


)

No comments: