Tuesday, September 13, 2011

We have a winner



Winner of the "10 Years Since Get Ready Came Out: How We've Changed" essay contest turns out to be...me!


When this record came out, I was very excited. First New Order record in 8
eight years! Wow. I ordered the import from (I think) Luna in Indianapolis. It
arrived a week or so before 9/11/2001. I listened to it a few times, VERY
excited that it would soon be all crisp and New Order-y, weather-wise. Like
anyone with a central nervous system, I was appalled to hear Billy "Gross!"
Corgan on a song, a song which was otherwise very good! Then, on actual 9/11,
things went apeshit and I sort of wigged out and that was that.

This
weekend I listened to this a bunch as I primed half of our front room. It's very
good! Even the songs I didn't care about I liked. It makes we want to go steal Waiting for Siren's Call from 2005 off the internet when I get home (I
paid for it the first time around, honest!).

Thanks for the chance to
enter this essay contest.






Congratulations, Nick!

No comments: