Monday, December 12, 2011

The Crime

I have to mention that we were the only Vikings fans in our immediate vicinity, so thus we had to put up with ridicule from a gaggle of douchey divorced dads in leather jackets behind us, with names like "Chetty." "You guys can start driving back any time," they chortled, basking in sunlight of their collective wit. The snark dried up as Joe brought us back from the precipice and within grasp of a victory...

So. 34 - 28 Lions, with Vikes at the one yard line and nine seconds to go. The action was at the opposite end of the field from us. So what we saw a fumble by Joe (alas) and the ball bobbling all around the field, to be pounced up on by a Lion as the clock went past zero.

I get a text from back in D_____: "clear facemask call was missed on the last play" which, yeah, nice, our hearts are broken/in our throats, nice thought...

BUT when I got home and was watching the Giants game and attendant halftime show and actually SAW the offense, I was finally unstintingly convinced that my Vikings fandom was forever cemented...else why would I be ready to go burn something, anything, to the ground over THIS?:

No comments: