Thursday, December 15, 2011

Thanks, New York magazine!

I don't go to movies hardly ever (this again?), watch zero tv except Sunday football (which reminds me I have to get my picks in - thanks, me!) and am rapidly approaching a state of out-of-it-ness that will rival that of my parents, confined to a nursing home...

SO, I have to say that I appreciate the New York end of year "culture" issue that told me that that Tintin movie is good, that I should care about Parks 'n' Recreation 'n' Community, and that some other writer I don't care about says that The Vices by Lawrence Douglas is "Nabokovian"(A perusal of the one-star review on Amazon says that it's full of sloppy editing along the like of the word "gurkin," so, whew! that was close!).

There's a whole world out there that I am becoming daily less and less aware of, and that can only be good!

[Also, not at all relatedly, it occurred to me on the way to work today that Lady Gaga isn't the new Madonna at all - she's the new Elton John! Outlandish costumes, song stylish that are supposed to be outlandish but are really just more soppy piano ballads...yes! I should forward this observation to the folks at New York! If it's not something I read there!]

No comments: