Tuesday, January 31, 2012

MORE Rafe on Kubrick!

"Well, you know, I haven't actually seen any of Kubrick's movies, because, while I can see Dad's face in the morning when he changes my sodden didie, I can't really make out a lot of different colors and the like just yet, so I will wait...but that doesn't mean I can't have an opinion, you know?

So, I just got wind of this: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/29/movies/room-237-documentary-with-theories-about-the-shining.html


These people really have much too much time, if you ask me. Couldn't it all be down to just great design? I'm sure I could watch, someday when I can see, I dunno, Flatliners, and if I watched it enough with proper intent, I could see all sorts of things about connections between Robert Goddard and Averell Harriman and the Crusades and Rosicrucianism and "Paul is Dead" and folding twenty-dollar bills to look like Hindenburg going down...but chance favors the prepared mind, as the man said.



If you really want a theory on The Shining, here's one: you know that movie The Shining? you're in it right now.

Makes about as much sense, to my infant ass! Ta!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chance favors the prepared mind! YES!